Caffeine Cleanse Aid: Rutaecarpine
A caffeine cleanse or the desire to detoxify the body of caffeine is becoming increasingly popular as more awareness of caffeine’s addictive nature arises.
A natural chemical called Rutaecarpine could help.
There are several products on the market that contain Rutaecarpine and there is strong evidence supporting its ability to cleanse caffeine from the body much quicker.
How Rutaecarpine Helps
Most of these supplements contain 100mg of rutaecarpine extracted from the herb known as Evodea, which is rich in the chemical.
Recently a study published in the Archives of Pharmacal Research looked at rutaecarpine’s effect on caffeine metabolism in mice.
The team of researchers concluded the following:
These results clearly suggest that rutaecarpine increases the metabolism of caffeine, theophylline, theobromine, and paraxanthine by inducing CYP1A2 and CYP2E1 in rats.
Since mice and humans metabolize caffeine very similarly, the effects of rutaecarpine in regards to human caffeine metabolism are likely the same. Src.
WebMD notes Evodia’s interaction with caffeine and states that it may reduce caffeine’s effectiveness.
Therefore, the goal of rutaecarpine is to speed up the rate at which caffeine is broken down and removed from the body.
It is believed to assist in cleansing caffeine from the body, which eliminates the side-effects of caffeine much quicker including sleeplessness.
One such rutaecarpine product available is called De-Caffeinate and here’s how it’s used.
Benefits of Rutaecarpine
- Useful for a faster caffeine cleanse.
- Promotes better sleep for those who consume caffeine late in the day.
- Useful for those who occasionally have too much caffeine i.e. students, drivers, and others in high demand professions.
- Useful for those who want to reduce their daily caffeine amounts.
- Useful for those extremely sensitive to caffeine.
- Rutaecarpine will not lessen withdrawal symptoms, but only allows for faster caffeine detox.
- Taking the herb does not allow people to consume as much caffeine as they want without dangerous consequences.
- Some people may have allergic reactions to Evodia.
- Evodia may inhibit blood from clotting.
- Evodia isn’t suitable for pregnant or nursing mothers.
While the human body is able to naturally breakdown and cleanse caffeine from the body, there may be times when a more speedy detox is required. Rutaecarpine could help in those situations.
Here’s what one user of De-Caffeinate reported.
Great product if you like coffee but it keeps you awake at night. This really works for me. I can do my caffeine without the worry of it keeping me up.- Professor Osmond
- De-Caffeinate has a 30 day 100% money back guarantee.
- It’s manufactured in the USA and developed by pharmisists.
Reasons to Cleanse Caffeine
While most experts, including us, agree that caffeine in moderation seems ok and can even be healthy in the form of coffee or tea, some people lack the ability to moderate.
One cup turns into two, then three, and so on until a person’s health and sleep begin to become compromised by the excessive caffeine amounts.
For these people a caffeine cleanse can be a smart way to get things back under control or to get the sleep you need.
- Daily consumption is well beyond what is considered safe.
- Caffeine is causing sleep problems and insomnia.
- Coffee or energy drink habit is straining finances.
- A medical condition requires the quitting of caffeine.
- The desire to no longer be addicted to caffeine.
- Caffeine tolerance is too high and caffeine no longer has the desired effect.
In any event, a caffeine cleanse isn’t easy due to the addictive nature of caffeine. Moderate to severe withdrawal symptoms can be experienced and the detox process takes time.
Have you tried a caffeine cleanse using rutaecarpine? Did it work for you?
- Noh, K., Seo, Y. M., Lee, S. K., Bista, S. R., Kang, M. J., Jahng, Y., ... & Jeong, T. C. (2011). Effects of rutaecarpine on the metabolism and urinary excretion of caffeine in rats. Archives of pharmacal research, 34(1), 119-125. Study link
- Disclosure: We are an affiliate of Amazon. So if you do end up buying a bottle of De-Caffeinate we get a small commission. This helps us to keep the site going.