- Caffeine level42 mg
- Caffeine strengthMODERATE
- Serving size
Dr Pepper is a popular soft drink made with 23 flavors to a secret recipe, the oldest major brand in the U.S. Contains 150 calories per 12oz can.
Dr Pepper has expanded their drink range with flavor variations and diet versions of their sodas.
Caffeine of Other Dr Pepper Products
According to Dr Pepper's nutritional FAQ:
- Regular Dr Pepper - 42 mg caffeine / 12 fl oz
- Diet Dr Pepper - 42 mg caffeine / 12 fl oz
- Regular Cherry Vanilla - 39 mg / 12 fl oz
- Diet Cherry Vanilla - 39 mg / 12 fl oz
- Dr Pepper Cherry - 39 mg / 12 fl oz
- Diet Dr Pepper Cherry - 39 mg / 12 fl oz
- Caffeine-Free Regular - 0 mg
- Caffeine-Free Diet - 0 mg
A 2007 study in the Journal of Food Science found 42.6 mg of caffeine in 12 fl oz of Dr Pepper.
Where To Buy
Ingredients in Dr PepperCarbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Caffeine
Includes 41 grams of sugar (per 12 ounces) for a total of 150 calories.
Compared to Other Items
Dr Pepper contains 3.50 mg of caffeine per fl oz (11.83 mg per 100 ml). A 12 fl oz can has a total of 42 mg of caffeine.
Total Caffeine (mg)
SourcesFrom the Dr Pepper website https://www.drpepper.com/ and https://www.drpepper.com/en/faq Also https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17995675/
Other references. Last updated on 4 Feb 2021.
Suggestions or corrections? Send Feedback