Green Coffee Extract
Green coffee extract has is a popular weight loss supplement made from green coffee beans (before they have been roasted).
The Chlorogenic Acid in green coffee extract is believed to promote weight loss.
There is research showing there may indeed be health benefits from the extract. A 2020 study showed a positive affect on cholesterol.
Green Coffee Extract contains caffeine. However the amounts vary significantly, and make sure to read the label.
Caffeine by Green Coffee Extract Brands
- Hamilton Green Coffee Weight Loss (listed above): 50 mg/capsule
- TerraPur Green Coffee: less than 40 mg/capsule
- Omega Soul Green Coffee: 20 mg/capsule
- Nature Wise Green Coffee Bean Extract: 20 mg/ capsule
- Quality Green Coffee Bean Extract: 20 mg/capsule
Confusing Caffeine Statements
Some supplements have confusing statements on the bottles concerning caffeine content.
Some say less than 5% caffeine, others say 1/2 a cup of coffee, and others say 1 decaf coffee.
We suggest that consumers err on the side of caution when taking a green coffee supplement.