Top 10 Soft Drinks
What are the top selling soft drinks in the USA?
The latest beverage market stats are out — and there are some interesting highlights.
The epic battle between Coke and Pepsi continues, but so far Coke still has the top spot.
Update: We originally published this list back in 2007. It’s been updated to the latest statistics each year since.
What about the top selling energy drinks? They’re listed here.
Top 10 Soft Drinks
|1.||Coca-cola Classic (coca-cola)||Coca-cola Classic (coca-cola)||Coca-cola Classic (coca-cola)||Coca-cola Classic (coca-cola)|
|2.||Diet Coke (coca-cola)||Diet Coke (coca-cola)||Diet Coke (coca-cola)||Pepsi-cola (PepsiCo)|
|3.||Pepsi-cola (PepsiCo)||Pepsi-cola (PepsiCo)||Pepsi-cola (PepsiCo)||Diet Coke (coca-cola)|
|4.||Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)||Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)||Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)||Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)|
|5.||Dr Pepper (Dr. Pepper)||Dr Pepper (Dr. Pepper)||Dr Pepper (Dr. Pepper)||Diet Pepsi (PepsiCo)|
|6.||Sprite (coca-cola)||Sprite (coca-cola)||Sprite (coca-cola)||Dr Pepper (Cadbury-Schweppes)|
|7.||Diet Pepsi (PepsiCo)||Diet Pepsi (PepsiCo)||Diet Pepsi (PepsiCo)||Sprite (coca-cola)|
|8.||Diet Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)||Diet Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)||Diet Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)||Fanta (coca-cola)|
|9.||Fanta (coca-cola)||Fanta (coca-cola)||Diet Dr. Pepper (Dr. Pepper/Snapple)||Caffeine-Free Diet Coke (coca-cola)|
|10.||Coke Zero||Diet Dr. Pepper (Dr. Pepper/Snapple)||Fanta (coca-cola)||Diet Mountain Dew (PepsiCo)|
Top Ten Soda Brands Changes?
- The list has been pretty static from since 2011. The only change was Fanta moving to spot 9 and Diet Dr. Pepper falling to 10 in 2012 and falling out of the top 10 for 2013.
- Coke Zero was expected to break into the top 10 in 2012, but finally broke the top 10 in 2013.
- For the first time in history a diet soda has achieved the number 2 spot and in 2013 diet sodas occupy 4 positions.
- Diet sodas are becoming more popular, which shows a trend in people becoming more aware of too much sugar in the diet.
- Both Coca-cola and Pepsi lost market share. Coca-cola can blame it on the CEO – after all they only paid him $32 million dollars for his year’s work. This downward trend has continued.
- Soft drinks are down 3% in 2013³ , which is the worst year yet.
- Soft drinks still hold the majority market share – 51% (down 0.6% from previous year).(07)
- Energy Drinks had a massive 49% growth – but total market share is just 0.8% (which makes you wonder about all the over-enthusiastic media reporting). (07)
- Red Bull has the most market share there, Monster is second, and Rockstar is third.
Top Beverage Companies in the USA
|1. Coca-Cola Co.|
|3. Dr. Pepper/Snapple|
|4. Cott Corp.|
|5. National Beverage|
|6. Monster Beverage Co|
|7. Red Bull|
|9. Big Red|
|10. Private Label|